Just a quick video showing the workflow of making a beat on Beat Thang with a MIDI controller hooked up for recording melodies and chords.
Currently testing some new firmware for the Beat Thang and figured I’d turn on the camera to record some basic sequencing and beat making. This isn’t so much a tip or tutorial as it is just showing the workflow and beat creation process on the BT hardware. If you have any specifics you want to [...]
I’m currently testing a new firmware update for the Beat Thang hardware that updates the sound browser when in pattern mode so that you can browse by drumkits and instruments separately instead of in a long list. This is one of the features I’ve been pushing for, for a while. BKE has been updating the [...]
This is an older video from back in 2010, where I showed how to create and load multiple instances of the Beat Thang Virtual plugin without getting the error saying the plugin was already loaded. Until the software is updated in a way that allows multiple instances, this is how it can be done.
This is from way back in 2010, basically it is a video of when I first got my Beat Thang. Why does it matter? Because I was the first person to have one that wasn’t a prototype. This is the very first fully produced unit off of the assembly line. It doesn’t even have [...]
- Sequencing a beat with MIDI controller input January 30, 2013
- Interview with Rev at the 2013 Winter NAMM Show January 29, 2013
- Beat Thang sequencing and beatmaking workflow November 10, 2012
- Beat Thang sound browser update coming August 18, 2012
- Deleting single sounds in BTV August 18, 2012
- BTV using multiple instances August 18, 2012
- The Very First Beat Thang hardware August 18, 2012